Just the other day I was looking in my pantry for baking inspiration when I spotted a large jar of Nutella. This instantly got me thinking about how I could use the Nutella to make something yummy.
I immediately set about looking online for Nutella cookie recipes and I found that there are lots and lots!
But me being me I wanted a cookie that was quick and easy to make with a recipe that didn’t have loads of ingredients. So when I found a recipe for Easy Nutella Cookies by Nate at Wanna Bite I was thrilled.
I have made a couple of adjustments to Nate’s recipe – the most obvious being that I added some M&M’s for extra indulgence! I also added a little more flour as the cookie mixture was quite sticky.
I also chilled the mixture before baking just to make it a little easier to work with when forming the cookies.
I was pleasantly surprised that my cookies didn’t spread very much while baking and they turned out quite soft and chunky. I usually have some Nutella on hand and all of the other ingredients are staples in my pantry. So I will always be able to make up a quick batch of these Nutella cookies in a hurry whenever I am craving a cookie fix.
- 1 ¼ cup of plain flour
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of Nutella
- ½ cup of mini M&Ms
- Mix together the flour, sugar and eggs.
- Add Nutella and M&Ms and mix thoroughly.
- Place the cookie mixture in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Place dessertspoonfuls of mixture onto a lined baking tray (1 -1 ½ inch spacing is fine).
- Press a couple of extra M&Ms into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes then cool slightly on tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.