It tastes so indulgent but this Easy Lemon Cheesecake is quick to prepare and requires no baking. It’s irresistibly creamy, with a delicious lemon flavour.
- 1 1/4 cups (140 g) of sweet biscuit crumbs
- 1/3 cup (80 g) of melted butter
- 500g of cream cheese, softened
- 400g can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons of gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup of boiling water
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of grated lemon rind
- Grease and line a 20 cm (8 inch) round springform pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter and then press the mixture into the base of the springform pan – place base in fridge to chill.
- Using an electric mixer beat the softened cream cheese until it is smooth (make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally).
- Add in the condensed milk and gelatine mixture and again beat until the mixture is smooth (occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl).
- Add the lemon juice and lemon rind and beat again until all combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared base and refrigerate for several hours – best if left to chill overnight.