This lemon coconut slice is heaven for any sweet tooth. It’s soft and sweet with a delicious lemon tang; no one will ever know that it is low calorie!
- 75g of reduced fat butter or margarine
- 300g of skim sweetened condensed milk
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon (reserve 1 tablespoon of juice for glaze)
- 150g of crushed Arrowroot biscuits
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Line a 17cm x 27 cm (7 x 11 inch) slice tin with baking paper.
- Place butter or margarine and sweetened condensed milk into a large microwave safe mixing bowl and microwave on medium power for 2 minutes or until the butter/margarine has melted.
- Add lemon juice and zest (don’t forget to reserve a tablespoon of juice for the glaze) and mix until smooth.
- Add crushed biscuits, rolled oats, and coconut and mix well to combine.
- Press into prepared tin.
- To make the lemon glaze, combine the lemon juice and icing sugar in a small bowl and then drizzle over the slice.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until the slice is completely set, and then slice.