This easy scone recipe only requires 3 ingredients; self raising flour, cream and lemonade – that’s it! Better still, these scones are so good that you will never make scones the hard way again
- 3 cups (450g) of self raising flour
- 1 cup of thickened cream / heavy cream*
- 1 cup of lemonade (like Sprite)
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Place flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cream and lemonade and mix to combine.
- Turn the mixture out onto a well-floured board and knead with extra flour until smooth (mixture is very sticky initially).
- Use your hand to flatten the scone dough out to about 2 -3 cm (1 inch) thick and then cut into rounds with floured scone cutter.
- Place scones onto a lined baking tray so that they are just touching and then bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scones are cooked when they are golden brown and can be easily pulled apart where they are joined.
I have made these scones several times now and have found that they keep very well in the freezer. Once thawed you can pop one in the microwave for a few seconds and it is just like it has been freshly baked!
I also use sugar free lemonade and find that it works just fine.
*Heavy cream or whipping cream is called thickened cream in Australia.
- Serving Size: 59g
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 275mg
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 16mg