I am quite partial to a bit of choc mint flavour; I love choc mint ice cream! So when I saw this Marbled Mint Chocolate Fudge recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to make some. I actually found this recipe at the end of last year but I have been putting off making it because it sounded too complicated!
I was going to make it for Christmas last year but never actually got around to it. I haven’t made fudge before so I was a bit worried and I thought that I might fail on my first attempt. But actually I found this recipe to be quite easy! You definitely have to work quickly but, based on how the fudge turned out and considering I’m a beginner, I think that this recipe is very easy.
I love that it will keep for 2 or 3 weeks in the refrigerator, so I can just grab a couple of pieces a day and not feel too guilty. As long as you don’t eat too much, this fudge doesn’t have to be a high calorie treat. I put the ingredients into MyFitnessPal that it is about 66 calories per square.
Make sure to keep it in an airtight container in the fridge and if you want to keep it longer you can store it in the freezer.
- 1 cup (175g) dark chocolate buttons
- 1 cup (175g) milk chocolate buttons
- 1 cup (175g) white chocolate buttons
- 1 can (400g) sweetened condensed milk*
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of peppermint extract
- ½ a teaspoon of green food colouring
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8 inch (20 cm) square baking tin with non-stick baking paper, leaving some overhang at the sides.
- Place the dark and milk chocolate buttons in a microwave safe container and add just slightly less than 1 cup of the sweetened condensed milk.
- Place the white chocolate buttons into another microwave safe container and add the remaining sweetened condensed milk.
- You need to work as quickly as you can from this point onwards because the fudge will start to set quite fast.
- Microwave the milk and dark buttons on high for 30 seconds and then stir.
- While you are checking the milk/dark chocolate mix, microwave the white chocolate buttons on high for 30 seconds and then stir.
- Continue microwaving the two mixtures in 30 second bursts – stirring one while microwaving the other.
- Once both chocolate mixtures are completely melted and smooth add the vanilla extract to the milk/dark chocolate portion and stir well.
- Now add the peppermint extract and green food colouring to the white chocolate mixture and again stir well.
- Pour all but about 2 -3 tablespoons of the milk/dark chocolate fudge into the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Pour the green peppermint fudge on top and use a butter knife to spread it evenly over the milk/dark chocolate fudge.
- Dot the reserved milk/dark chocolate fudge around the top of the mint fudge and then run a butter knife through the surface of the fudge to create the marble effect.
- Place the fudge in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours or until firm. Use the overhanging baking paper to lift the fudge out of the tin and cut into squares.
- Leftover fudge can be stored in the refrigerator or placed in the freezer.