Today I’m sharing one of the best snack recipes you’ll ever find. That’s because this raisin flapjack recipe is quick and easy to make, only requires 5 ingredients, and the flapjacks are delicious! It’s one recipe you will find yourself making over and over!
As well as being great as a snack these flapjacks are also an awesome breakfast treat. I often have one or two at breakfast to keep me happy till lunch time.
After coming across this recipe a couple of years ago I have made it many times! I did tweak the original recipe slightly though to include some golden syrup. Any recipe with rolled oats is better with some golden syrup added I think! If you agree you might also like my Munchies recipe and my recipe for Cake Mix Breakfast Muffins!
These flapjacks are wonderfully sweet; they get some sweetness from the sugar but the raisins also add a burst of flavour and sweetness. Plus they’re slightly sticky and deliciously chewy so it is really hard to just have one! I love that they are chewy and sticky but if you’d like crunchier flapjacks then just bake them for a few minutes more!
I think that this flapjack recipe is always going to be popular in my house. Any recipe that is this easy to make is a winner in my books!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy snack or breakfast treat you can’t go past these yummy Raisin Flapjacks – they only require 5 ingredients!
- 1 3/4 cups (160g) of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (110g) of demerara sugar
- 1/2 cup (90g) of raisins
- 1/2 cup (125g) of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F) and line a 21cm (8.5 inch) square baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the rolled oats, demerara sugar, and raisins.
- Add the melted butter and golden syrup and mix well (I mix them first and then add them together).
- Transfer mixture to the prepared tin, spread to the edges, and using the back of a spoon press down firmly to smooth the top (mixture will seem quite crumbly but does firm up as it is pressed into the tin).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before removing from the tin and slicing into bars or squares.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 26g
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 13mg