Whether you’re a Nutella lover, peanut butter devotee, or just a fan of cookies you are sure to love these Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Cookies!
A while back my mum gave me some peanut butter chips and I have been wondering what to make with them ever since. I have been putting it off actually because even though I love peanuts I am not a real fan of peanut butter. I don’t mind it using it in cooking but I can’t eat it by the spoonful like others can.
The other day, when I went looking for recipes containing peanut butter chips, I came across this recipe on the Betty Crocker website. The recipe was for rich peanut butter cookies and it was getting rave reviews in the comments. So I thought that I would give it a go!
The original recipe called for peanut butter as well, but because I didn’t have any I used Nutella instead. And that is how these Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Cookies were born!
OMG these are good! They have a wonderfully sweet and deliciously homey brown sugar flavour. Plus they also have a distinct nutty flavour. You can taste the peanuts from the peanut butter chips but there is also the subtle hazelnut flavour from the Nutella!
I also love how they are all crinkly on top and that you can see the dusting of sugar!
This recipe is very easy, I used a stand mixer to do all the hard work and there was no chilling required. In fact, once you’ve got all the ingredients together you will be eating these cookies in around 30 minutes!
If you like a soft cookie I recommend baking these for 10 minutes. If you like your cookies with a bit more crunch then leave them for another minute or two.
This recipe makes quite a few cookies so I have put a few into the freezer. They should freeze quite well because they have a good amount of butter in the recipe.
I also plugged the ingredients for these Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Cookies into My Fitness Pal and found that they are about 150 calories per cookie. That means you can have one of these cookies (or maybe two) without feeling guilty at all!
I don’t know why I put off using the peanut butter chips for so long!
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of softened butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of Nutella
- 1⅓ cup of plain flour
- ¾ teaspoon of bi carb soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of peanut butter chips
- granulated sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, combine brown sugar, butter, egg, and Nutella and beat on a medium speed until light and creamy.
- Combine the flour, bicarb soda, baking powder, and salt in another bowl and slowly add this to the butter mixture while the mixer is on low-med speed.
- Beat on medium speed until all the ingredients are combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl a couple of times.
- Use a spoon to stir through the peanut butter chips and then using dessertspoonful’s of mixture shape into 1 - 1 ½ inch balls.
- Place the balls of mixture onto a lined baking tray leaving about 2 inches between each ball of dough.
- Press the top of the dough balls down lightly with a fork and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.*
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking tray for around 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Hi Kaylene, these cookies look great! I’m a huge Nutella fan, looking forward to trying them. Thanks!
Thanks for stopping by – I hope you enjoy them Lee-Ann!