These Yum Yum Balls take me back to my primary school days! They remind me of kid’s parties and sleepovers because that’s when I remember eating them. Mum never made these at home so they were such a treat when going to friends’ houses!
A few years back I was reminded of these yummy treats and went looking for the recipe without any luck. Turns out it was because I was looking for rum ball recipes instead of the yum yum balls recipe. I thought that was what they were called when I was a kid!
Finally I came across the recipe on a Cadbury cocoa packet (you can also find it here)! I was so thrilled because this is a recipe that every family should have! They’re not something that I make all the time but when I do I know that they will go fast because everyone loves them.
These yum yum balls are a tasty blend of biscuit, chocolate, and coconut with the lovely sweetness of the sweetened condensed milk.
They are soft and delicious but are not too sweet or chocolatey. Everyone in the family will love these. Mum and dad with a cup of coffee and the kids will be happy after school with a couple of these!
They’re also great for a quick snack when you’re in a hurry or you could even snack on a couple these while watching TV!
These balls are very easy to make and only require 4 ingredients. Your hands get a bit messy while you are shaping the balls but you can lick you fingers when you’re finished – so that’s a bonus!
- 2 cups of sweet biscuit crumbs
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 400g tin of sweetened condensed milk
- Approx. ½ cup of extra desiccated coconut for rolling
- In a large bowl mix together the biscuit crumbs, cocoa powder, and 1 cup of coconut.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix thoroughly.
- Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture into a ball and then roll in desiccated coconut to coat.
- Chill for around 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.