I really love trying out new recipes, especially when they are for chocolate chip cookies! Finding a recipe that sounds really yummy on paper and then preparing it and having it live up to my expectations is so satisfying. I must admit though I am a bit lazy and I prefer the recipes that appear to be quick and easy! I will often dismiss a recipe that looks delicious if it has a long list of ingredients and a detailed method to match. I will skip over it because I just don’t have the time, and patience, to attempt it.
Sadly this is probably the case for most of us as our lives get busier and we want to achieve more in less time. Thankfully though there are some great recipes out there that do live up to my high expectations and are also mercifully quick and easy to prepare.
Oh and by the way they are also extremely yummy!
The original recipe was found at allrecipes.com.au and I have only very slightly adjusted the method to better reflect how I feel the cookies should be prepared.
If you do happen to have some left over cookies from this recipe I am very pleased to report that they keep very well in the freezer. After being stored in an airtight container in the freezer these chocolate chip cookies look and taste just as great as when they were first baked!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of brown sugar (learn how to make your own)
- 125g (4oz) melted butter
- 1½ cups of self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Beat the egg and sugar together in a bowl until it appears frothy and thick.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Add the flour, salt and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Place heaped tablespoonfuls of cookie mixture onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes then allow to cool on the tray.