With Christmas coming up now is the time to be organising what snacks you can make to take to all the parties, end of year breakups, and Christmas functions. Any recipes that are quick and easy to put together always come in handy at this time of year!
Not only is this recipe super easy it is also very tasty. I expected it to be a bit salty because of the salted peanuts and the salt on the pretzels – but it’s not! The sweetness of the chocolate balances out the saltiness and what you end up with is a crunchy, nutty, absolutely delicious dark chocolate snack. It is not too sweet or too salty; I could eat a whole plate of this if I wasn’t careful!
I also think that it looks really good. Actually it looks deceptively fancy considering how easy it is to make!
This recipe only requires 3 ingredients, there is no baking, and you can have it in the fridge in less than 15 minutes! When you include the time to chill in the fridge this chocolate treat is ready to go in under an hour!
You don’t have to leave it to the last minute to make it either. Once you’ve made the chocolate bark it will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge – not that it would ever last that long in my fridge! 🙂
Oh and this recipe is perfect if you are looking for one that the kids can help with.
My inspiration for this Chocolate bark recipe came from a recipe for Salted Caramel Cashew Bark that I saw over at Brown Eyed Baker. It’s another great option if you happen to have some cashews and caramels on hand!
- 450g of dark chocolate melts
- ½ cup of salted peanuts
- ½ cup of pretzels, broken into smaller pieces
- extra peanuts and pretzels to sprinkle over the top
- Line a 20 cm x 30 cm (8 x 12 inch) baking tin with baking paper.
- Place chocolate melts into a microwave safe container and heat for 1 minute on medium power.
- Stir chocolate and repeat heating it in 1 minute bursts until completely melted and smooth.
- Mix in the peanuts and pretzel pieces and then spread the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Sprinkle extra peanuts and pretzel pieces over the top and press down gently with the back of a spoon.
- Place baking tin into the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set hard.
- Break the bark into pieces and serve.
- Store bark in an airtight container in the fridge.