It’s a while since I have eaten honey joys; they used to be one of my favourite snacks as a kid! We didn’t have them all the time, but at birthday’s and school fetes they always made an appearance. Honey joys are a delicious sweet, crunchy treat and they are also quick and easy to make.
Regular honey joys are made with plain Cornflakes but I decided to use Crunchy Nut Cornflakes just to give them a subtle twist.
Traditionally honey joys don’t have any chocolate in them either. But I wanted to make mine look bright and Christmassy so I added some red and green M&M’s. I think the addition of M&M’s makes them even better!
These literally come together in just a few minutes but they are best eaten cold. That means you will have to wait a little while to enjoy them. Don’t get me wrong, you can eat them warm (and they’re delicious!) they just might be a bit crumbly until they set properly.
- 90g of butter
- ⅓ cup (80g) of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 4 cups of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes
- ½ cup of M&M’s (I used red and green)
- Preheat oven to 150 °C (300 °F) and line two cupcake tins (12 hole) with cupcake liners.
- Place butter, sugar, and honey into a large saucepan and stir over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts to look frothy.
- Add the Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and mix well.
- Spoon into the prepared cupcake liners and then press 4 or 5 M&M’s into the top of each honey joy.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.