Whether you are looking for a really satisfying snack or some tasty comfort food, you just can’t go past a good homemade cake or biscuit. I think that the delicious smell that inevitably wafts through the house makes you feel wonderful even before you taste the final goodies! So when I am craving a homemade tasty treat, I just can’t go past a good rolled oat biscuit!
There is always a delightfully sweet smell that infuses the house when you have rolled oat biscuits in the oven. Everyone begins to gather around the oven to countdown the final minutes until they are able to sample the delicious treats. It is a very sweet torture when, after the biscuits are removed from the oven, we must wait for them to cool!
The other great thing about rolled oat biscuit recipes is that they generally contain ingredients that we all have in the kitchen anyway. As long as you have rolled oats then you are good to go! This recipe is a favourite that my family have enjoyed numerous times over the years. This recipe makes approximately 40 biscuits and when I entered the ingredients into my calorie tracker (My Fitness Pal) they came out at 60 calories per biscuit. These biscuits are so yummy and because they are not loaded with calories you can eat more than one! So, when you are craving a yummy homemade treat why not give these rolled oat biscuits a try.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup (125g) melted butter
- 1 egg – whisked lightly
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Mix the dry ingredients together (oats, brown sugar, salt, baking powder).
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients and stir through thoroughly.
- Add the egg and again mix thoroughly.
- Place teaspoonfuls of mixture onto a lined baking tray - leave room for the biscuits to spread.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are gold brown.
- Allow the biscuits to cool on the tray before transferring to plate/container.