The other day I was looking in my pantry for baking inspiration when I spotted a large jar of Nutella. That instantly got me thinking about how I could use the Nutella to make something yummy.
I set about looking online for Nutella cookie recipes and I found that there are lots and lots! But me being me I wanted a cookie that was quick and easy to make and without loads of ingredients. So when I found a recipe for Easy Nutella Cookies by Nate at Wanna Bite I was thrilled.
I have made a couple of adjustments to Nate’s recipe – the most obvious being that I added some M&M’s for extra indulgence! I also chilled the mixture before baking just to make it a little easier to work with when forming the cookies.
The alterations that I have made has resulted in cookies don’t spread very much. What you end up with is a soft and chunky cookie. It’s hard to describe their texture, but I’m going to say fudgy because they’re not cakey and they’re not crisp!
Anyway however you want to describe them they are definitely yummy!
Another great thing about these cookies is that they only require mostly staple pantry items. I usually have some Nutella on hand so the only other non-staple item is the mini M&Ms. Depending on whether or not you’re a regular baker, Nutella and mini M&M’s might be staples in your pantry!
If you’re a fan of Nutella you will love the flavour of these cookies. They’ve definitely got the signature chocolate and hazelnut flavour that comes from Nutella! They’re great hot or cold but I can’t resist them straight from the oven when the M&M’s are still soft!
These Nutella Cookies are so easy to make they’re dangerous! I’ll be able to make up a quick batch of these whenever I have a craving for cookies!
- 1¼ cup (225g) of plain flour
- ⅓ cup (80g) of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- ½ cup (160g) of Nutella
- ½ cup (120g) of mini M&Ms (plus a few extra for pressing into the top of each cookie before baking)
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, eggs, milk, and Nutella.
- Add the M&Ms and mix thoroughly.
- Place the cookie mixture in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- When you wish to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll dessertspoonful’s of mixture into a rough ball and place on your tray (1 -1 ½ inch spacing is fine).
- Press a couple of extra M&Ms into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes then cool slightly on tray before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.