If you’re a lover of all things chocolate and coconut then you need these Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies in your life! Quick and easy to make they will have your sweet choc coconut cravings satisfied in no time!
I didn’t know what to call these cookies when I first made them. I adapted the recipe from a caramel slice base that I made recently. The slice had a biscuit base and when I tasted it I thought “gee that would make a great cookie mix”! The original recipe didn’t have any chocolate in it but I decided to make a chocolate version anyway.
I settled on Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies as the name because this pretty much sums up what they are. The recipe also includes some coconut as well and I am very pleased with how the chocolate and the coconut flavour mix together. When you bite into one you get the chocolate flavour first but then the flavour intensifies as the coconut hits your tastebuds! They really are delicious!
This recipe is super easy to whip up too. There’s no chilling time needed so you could have a batch of these ready in a little over 30 minutes. The mixture doesn’t spread while baking so you end up with nice thick Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies! Another great thing about this cookie mixture is that it doesn’t contain any eggs, so you can happily taste test at any time!
I kept my cookies fairly small so they are great for snacking on but you could make yours bigger if you wanted too. It is also up to you whether or not you want to sprinkle the cookies with extra coconut. I thought the extra coconut looked like snow which is appropriate for the festive season. It’s the only “snow” that we’ll be seeing here at Christmas time!
These Chocolate Brown Sugar Cookies are great when you want a soft sugar cookie without all the fuss!
- 1 cup of plain flour
- ½ cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- 125g (1/2 cup) of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- extra coconut to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350 °F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, cocoa, and coconut and stir to combine and break up any lumps.
- Add the melted butter and milk then mix until all ingredients are combined.*
- Form balls using a heaped dessertspoonful of mixture.
- Place onto prepared tray and press down on cookie ball gently with a fork.**
- Bake for 15 minutes and then allow to cool completely on the baking tray.
**Cookies will retain their shape so you can place them reasonably close together on the tray.
Click here for more great cookie recipes!
Leave a Reply